The best scuba dive experience in the real Far North!
Dive some of the best waters New Zealand’s offers, in the beautiful Far North. Far North Dive is located in pristine Karikari Peninsula surrounded by white sandy beaches and a thriving marine environment.
Discover Scuba Diving $149
No experience necessary!
This scuba diving trip includes a shore dive off the beautiful Maitai Bay. We depart Far north dive centre at 8:30am and with a short journey past the beautiful Carrington winery, vineyard and world class golf course to arrive at Maitai Bay.
We then undertake a site brief on the area and diving procedures. We park and walk down to our shore entry and experience breathing underwater for the first time, while sightseeing some of Maitaia bays beautiful marine life.
Then we return to Far north dive approx 12:00 and enjoy a relaxing lunch.
Open Water Diving Course $549
Start your journey here!
Diving with Far North Dive on the Karikari penninsula is a memory you will never forget.
Your PADI open water certification will also enable to dive around the world any padi resort or equivalent
Duration: allow 3-4 days (courses can be arranged to suit your commitments) confined water sessions are done in a heated swimming pool, and our open water dives will beat the beautiful Maitai Bay.
Upon completing you Open Water Padi certification you will be certified to dive to 18m/60 feet
Theory options include online registration and instructor support, call to arrange
A Junior Open Water Certification is available for children aged between 10 and 15 years.
Advanced Open Water Scuba Diving Course $499
Continue your journey into the deep!
Grow your confidence and extend your depth limits
The PADI Advanced Open Water Course will include 5 adventure dives. A deep dive up to 30m and an underwater navigation dive. 3 extra dives to grow your confidence and add to your existing logged dives
- PADI Open Water Dive certification or equivalent
- Recent medical certificate
PADI Rescue Diver Course $549
Safer divers, confident divers
Master skills learnt to date and expand into a world of problem solving and prevention.
Noted as one of the best courses PADI has to offer!
- Self rescue
- Recognizing and managing stress in other divers
- Emergency management and equipment
- Rescuing panicked divers
- Rescuing unresponsive divers
- Be 12 years or older
- Have a PADI Advanced certification or equivalent
- First aid certificate (discuss instore)
Dive Master Course NZ$2200
Become a PADI pro diver!!
Continue your diving career and become a PADI Divemaster. Diving and learning in a more in depth way with far north dives instructors. Perfect your skills and practice everything you’ve learnt to date. Become a leader and lead others into the world of diving with supervision roles and instructor assisting
PADI Dive-masters can:
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and resorts
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review programs for certified divers
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or equivalent
- PADI Rescue Diver certification or equivalent
- Medical clearance
- 40 logged dives
- 18 years old
- Learn dive leadership through classroom and independent study sessions
- Complete water skills in confined and open water
- Training exercises to test organizational and problem solving abilities
- How long will it take?
Allow 3 months (interships available inquire at far North dive)
What course materials are required?
Dive Equipment Rental
Individual item prices (per day)
Weight Belt $15.00
Far North Dive
(t) 09 408 7139